Somehow it seems as if Saturdays have lost their luster. I'm sure this is partially because I am older and, to be honest, have no interest in watching cartoons anymore. If I did, I could watch them whenever I wanted on the Cartoon Network anyway, so it doesn't even matter. Besides that, for some reason when I don't have an 8 to 5 job, weekends aren't so special anymore. They are a lot like my Tuesdays and Thursdays when I don't have class. Sure, now I have two days in a row, but unless I have some activity planned that spans more than 24 hours, who really cares?
For some strange reason when I am here, I wake up on Saturday mornings and feel like I have two days to be as productive as humanly possible, as if my weekends are measured not by how much I enjoy them, but by how much I get done. Maybe this is a by-product of the remorse I feel over so many weekends at my Mom's house wasted in front of the television. Maybe it's just that I can't stand the prospect of being stuck in this place for two entire days straight. I'm not sure what it is.
The sad part is, that I am all talk. I'll wake up Saturday morning and make all these plans for what I intend to get done this weekend, and if I were to sit down on Sunday night and review those goals, I'd be disappointed every time.
This weekend my goals are:
- get all my assigned readings done for school this coming week
- get caught up on homework for my online class
- wash all of my laundry that I haven't done since coming back from vacation
- visit my Grandma
- clean my room (put away all the straggling vacation treasures, clothes, random clutter)
- go to the gym at least once; schedule an appointment with my trainer for later this week
- go to the farmer's market
- get out to see Eliza for at least a few minutes
- copy the CDs in my CD book on to iTunes (necessary since my iPod went missing in LA)
- get caught up on cycle 15 of ANTM
- make guacamole
...annnd that's all I can think of right now. My mom has basically ordered me (in a way only a mother can) to clean her house in the next week or two, so I will hopefully get started on that as well. Mom is bordering on hoarder status, for those of you who don't know, so this will most certainly be a challenge. I can't wait.