Sunday, December 2, 2012

sometimes life gets a little messy


You know I'm having a rough week if the top of my tube of toothpaste is a hot mess. I squeeze some toothpaste onto my toothbrush and cram it in my mouth, halfheartedly attempting to close the lid with one hand while walking away, completely ignorant to any stray bits of goo. When I feel in control of my life and I'm not hurrying through basic grooming, I will squeeze the tube from the bottom and clean up any bits of toothpaste that have the nerve to try and cling to the top of the tube. I really will, because it bugs me when the toothpaste gets all dried up around the cap and I can't close it properly and I end up with little dried bits of toothpaste in my mouth and... just... YUCK! 

I might go as far as to say that my overall mental state is easily judged by the condition of my toothpaste. I am not exactly sure how I feel about that, but it seems to be true. So, when I saw how messy my toothpaste was looking this morning, I scrambled to clean it before someone might see it and question my housekeeping abilities--or my mental health. 

Does a messy toothpaste tube bug you? What do you let go when you're having a stressful week?


1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Oh my goodness, you're back! So happy to hear from you again. Life has been crazy. I had no idea what I was signing up for! The movers are nice but stressing me out a bit since we have three different companies/shipments this week. It's a new world to me.

I'm the opposite with the toothpaste (and other indicators). The more stressed and out of control I feel, the cleaner and neater my house gets. My husband is a bottom-of-the-tube squeezer and if I had my way, I'd use one of those cards with a slot that you slide on to evenly squeeze out all of the toothpaste. :)

Stick around this time--can't wait to hear more updates.